- Hoe bak je een zuurdesembrood?
- How to make a remix of R.E.M. – “It happened today”
- How to make a remix of ‘It Happened today’ by R.E.M.
- CaDra in Goa, Holiday impression on our track “Nirvana”
- Crisis, what crisis? Love is Everywhere, you can always dance!
- “Três Palmeiras” in sunny Portugal, a song composed with lots of Caipirinha’s…
- Nirvana, the place to be…
- Falling in Love is not personal at all…
- New Music Release “Love is Everywhere” by CaDra
- The importance of silence in music, part 2
Category Archives: Music Production
As a follow up blog post we made a Youtube video on our ‘Dutch Phil Spector’s Wall of Sound’ Remix. Enjoy!
R.E.M. has started an exciting remix project in conjunction with “It Happened Today”, a track on R.E.M.’s upcoming new album Collapse Into Now. We got a tip on twitter, got excited and downloaded the individual tracks of the song.
In 2006 to 2008 we were kind of addicted to chilling in Goa and stayed several times in a little village called Arambol. Its a lovely place in the northern part of Goa were hippies and musicians are hanging … Continue reading
When working on “Love is Everywhere” we wanted to make a song with a positive mood. Some friends recommended to use a stronger beat. As we are generally used to make mellow music, this was quite a challenge to us. … Continue reading
Some time ago we were invited by family members Wim and Marijke to spent a holiday with them in their beautiful house “Três Palmeiras” at the Algarve coast in sunny Portugal.
Last summer after a retreat with Isaac Shapiro in Bavaria in Southern Germany we, still spaced out, drove through the beautiful hilly landscape listening to some mixes of our next release. One song we didn’t had a name for yet… … Continue reading
Falling in Love uhuh, Has nothing to do with you, I have nothing to say, It’s those hormones that play, It’s a chemical state, That makes me feel great, It’s not a personal thing, Just some brainwaves that spin, Love … Continue reading
We’ve just released an EP containing 5 songs called “Love is Everywhere”. It’s the second album by Dutch music duo and studio project CaDra. Their debut “ Blissful Chess” was a concept album about moving from confusion to clarity in … Continue reading
Silence in the studio In the sound studio during the mix often a lot of time is spent with muting certain tracks. We used to call this “shaving the fat cat”. A mix can get a lot better if certain … Continue reading